Bonney Tavern c.1920The Bonney Tavern was built in 1787 by Capt. John Chandler. It stood on the present day corner of N. Main Street and Eel Street. In 1937 the building was dismantled, to be rebuilt in another location. The dismantling of the the Bonney Tavern was documented and is available for viewing at the Library of Congress.

Images of the dismantling of the Bonney Tavern/Penacook House

Boscawen New Hampshire: From Carter’s Tavern to The Kettle & Crane

Copyright 2006-2014   Janice A. Brown,  Blog: Cow Hampshire