In 1738 the Proprietors voted that there would be a second division of land. A committee was appointed that included Benjamin Rolfe, John Coffin, Edward Emery, Joseph Gerrish and Thomas Thorla. They were paid nine shilling a day for their services.
John Brown was employed as surveyor and when completed had laid out Fish, High, Cross, Water, Long, Battle, Pleasant and West (Little Hill) streets. Upon these streets, lots containing eighty acres were laid out, one for each proprietors.
On December 20, 1738 the proprietors met in Newbury, Massachusetts for the drawing of the lots.